Location: Based in Danbury, near Chelmsford, Essex
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
About the Construction Claims Administrator
We are looking for a team administrator/coordinator to work within the construction claims team, with 2 years administration experience (ideally gained within the construction or insurance industry).
Job role and responsibilities
- Deal with new enquiries, including arranging appointments with clients/customers, setting up contract files and presenting these to the Contracts Manger.
- Assist the Contracts Managers with obtaining specialist quotes and preparing tenders
- Liaise with Contracts Managers to convert enquiries to on site works and highlight programs, lead times and cost to contractors
- To assist Contracts Managers with ensuring claims are managed through to completion which include being the main focal point for daily enquiries from all parties including clients, contractors and customers
- Prepare revised quotations and obtain required documentation for the Contracts Managers and once agreed submit interim and final accounts to clients
- Maintain good communication with Contract Managers and all parties involved with claims via various methods including email, telephone and letter. Ensuring that all communication is logged on various systems.
- Assist with processing daily, weekly and monthly reporting to clients using a variety of Clients web based systems
- Ability to understand, implement and maintain client and internal SLA’s
- Maintain Contracts Managers calendars
- Assist with day to day general enquires into the office
- Office holiday cover
- Surge office cover
- Any other duties to assist with the smooth running of the office
- Good interpersonal skill and a key team player
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to manage multiple projects and workload
- Be able to work unsupervised and within a team environment
- Be able to read and understand construction schedules.
What skills/experience will you need?
For the role you will need to have a proven track record of managing client and quality focused, profitable insurance repairs over a number of years. You will be used to producing accurate scope of works, have good computer and organisational skills, an excellent knowledge of trades and relevant costs within the industry and used to managing multiple trades and multiple sites. You will possess good time management skills and the ability to work both as part of a busy team and remotely when required. Good communication skills are essential for the role.
Salary, (negotiable dependent upon experience) but in the region of £18,000 to £25,000. Other benefits include employee life insurance, an annual salary review and discretionary bonus, 22 days annual leave together with the statutory bank holidays, plus auto enrollment into a company pension scheme and the opportunity to opt into contributory private healthcare. We are committed to the professional and personal development of all our staff by providing regular opportunities to undertake further training and personal development. All staff are invited to biannual staff social events at summer and Christmas. Bakers of Danbury is a member of the Building Mental Health Charter and provide all staff with access to a mental health first aider.
About Bakers of Danbury Ltd
Established over 145 years, we are a well established construction company renowned for our high quality craftsmanship and commitment to our employees and the communities in which we work. Based at our head office in Danbury, Essex, we operate as a principal contractor on projects throughout East Anglia, London and parts of Kent and Hertfordshire.
We benefit from having a directly employed team of experienced carpenters, bricklayers, joiners, stonemasons and other tradesmen. The longest serving having worked up through an apprenticeship scheme with Bakers of Danbury has been with us over 35 years.
How to apply
If you would like to register your interest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or apply in writing to: Managing Director, Bakers of Danbury Ltd, Eves Corner, Danbury, Essex CM3 4QB.