Experienced Contracts Manager for Insurance Repair Works
Our client is a long-established Essex based Construction Company, who carry out a broad spectrum of works from specialised works to churches and listed buildings to mainstream construction and insurance repairs. Employing approximately 100 employees.
They are looking for an experienced contracts manager for Insurance repair works based in Danbury and working in the Essex and Kent area as part of their insurance team. You will be dealing with technical claims ranging from £1k to £500k on both domestic and commercial property insurance claims. You will be responsible for scoping and estimating the repair works, then contracts managing and surveying the works to completion and submitting both interim and final accounts whilst maintaining a close relationship with clients and supply chain.
Job role and responsibilities
- Accurately surveying repairs to domestic & commercial properties for all insured perils.
- Scoping the required works onto various electronic scoping systems and/or produce competitive tenders for the works including written specifications, whilst having regard for the insured perils.
- Preparing tender enquiries for suppliers and subcontractors, analyse tender returns and place supply and subcontract orders.
- Ascertain Health & Safety risks and ensure Health & Safety on site and the compilation of CPP’s.
- Liaison with clients’ representatives & establishment of good working relationships together with attendance at and contribution at site meetings.
- Ability to understand, implement and maintain client SLA’s.
- Ensuring projects are completed on budget and to schedule.
- Carry out site audits and ensure quality of works on site.
- Deal with variations and any problems on site.
- Deal with final accounts and hand over to accounts for invoicing.
What skills/experience will you need?
For the role you will need to have a proven track record of managing client and quality focused, profitable insurance repairs over a number of years. You will be used to producing accurate scope of works, have good computer and organisational skills, an excellent knowledge of trades and relevant costs within the industry and used to managing multiple trades and multiple sites. You will possess good time management skills and the ability to work both as part of a busy team and remotely when required. Good communication skills are essential for the role.
In addition to the Contracts Manager salary, (negotiable dependent upon experience but around £35– £40k) you will receive a company vehicle (or car allowance) and the equipment required to carry out the role plus auto enrolment into a company pension scheme.
How to apply
If you would like to register your interest, please email email@example.com or apply in writing to: Managing Director, Bakers of Danbury Ltd, Eves Corner, Danbury, Essex CM3 4QB.