Location: Based in Danbury, near Chelmsford, Essex
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
Closing Date: Friday 27th January 2023
About the Estimator Job
Established over 140 years, Bakers of Danbury is a well-known principal contractor which specialises in conservation of heritage properties, as well as one-off new builds.
Bakers of Danbury are looking for an Estimator who can estimate for repair works (mainly heritage buildings) as well as measured quantities (new builds). The successful applicant will estimate construction projects valued between £50,000 and £3,000,000 for the residential, commercial, ecclesiastical and education sectors. They will be a self-motivated individual, looking to grow their experience in estimating a wider range of projects.
Job role and responsibilities:
- Make visits to proposed construction sites or private properties
- Carry out site surveys, meeting the client and discussing their requirements and possibly suggesting options
- Take off information from drawings and tender documents to calculate the cost of materials, plant, labour and sub-contract packages, in accordance with an agreed programme of works and procurement schedule
- Obtain quotes for all predicted requirements from sub-contractors and suppliers
- Prepare tender for adjudication with directors
- Negotiate with one or more companies, whose bids are competitive to secure the best possible value for money
- Collate detailed price lists of everything needed on each construction project
- Liaise with others including contract managers, the client and design teams
- Complete quality submissions and quotations for work
- Instructing, valuing, and agreeing any changes to the established sub-contract orders as the works progress.
In addition to the Estimator salary, (negotiable dependent upon experience) other benefits include employee life insurance, an annual salary review and discretionary bonus, 22 days annual leave together with the statutory bank holidays, plus auto enrolment into a company pension scheme and the opportunity to opt into contributory private healthcare.
We are committed to the professional and personal development of all our staff by providing regular opportunities to undertake further training and personal development. All staff are invited to biannual staff social events at summer and Christmas. Bakers of Danbury is a member of the Building Mental Health Charter and provide all staff with access to a mental health first aider.
About Bakers of Danbury Ltd
Established over 140 years, we are a well established construction company renowned for our high quality craftsmanship and commitment to our employees and the communities in which we work. Based at our head office in Danbury, Essex, we operate as a principal contractor on projects throughout East Anglia, London and parts of Kent and Hertfordshire.
We benefit from having a directly employed team of experienced carpenters, bricklayers, joiners, stonemasons and other tradesmen. The longest serving having worked up through an apprenticeship scheme with Bakers of Danbury has been with us over 35 years.
How to apply
If you would like to register your interest, please email email@example.com or apply in writing to: Managing Director, Bakers of Danbury Ltd, Eves Corner, Danbury, Essex CM3 4QB.