Overview/Summary = Bakers of Danbury recently carried out refurbishment after a property in Clacton-on-Sea, Essex suffered significant damage in a house fire which started in the kitchen

Value = £40,000

Location = Clacton-on-Sea, Essex

After Bakers of Danbury took the enquiry from the Insurance Loss Adjuster on a Friday afternoon, they arranged for an electrician to visit the property within hours, to install a new fuse board in the garage so that the filter for the koi pond could be turned back on.

Immediately after the fire, the property was stripped out and decontamination works were carried out. Bakers later fully decorated throughout the property as it had suffered smoke damage in every room.

Existing asbestos was removed. All floor coverings throughout the property were replaced. The lining wallpaper was removed from all three bedrooms, hallway and landing, and the walls were re-plastered and decorated. The tiled bathroom was cleaned. The whole property was rewired and in the kitchen some elements of plumbing was necessary. The kitchen was redecorated, re-tiled in part and new appliances were installed.